Tell us a little about your background?
– I am 24 years old, grew up in beautiful Austria and recently finished my master studies in Technical Chemistry at Graz University of Technology.
Why did you choose to come to Luleå?
– After completing my studies, I wanted to do an internship abroad in order to gather new experiences and impressions, both job-related and personal as well as to gain an insight into work life. Therefore, I searched the web for possibilities to do so. On the IAESTE homepage I finally found a job offer for an internship in Luleå. Since I’ve always wanted to pay a visit to Sweden and the job description sounded very interesting and suitable for my educational background it was exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately, I was not yet available for the given period. I applied anyway and was rewarded with a great internship in the desired period, thanks to the kindness of my employers.
How do you like working here?
– An internship in the Waste Science and Technology group at LTU gives you the chance to work on various exciting projects, to broaden your knowledge and to meet great people.
– People with different backgrounds such as environmental engineers, biotechnologists or chemical engineers are working together to find solutions for environmental concerns. The internship enables us interns to make a significant contribution to current research and additionally, you are able to work and spend time with other interns and PhD students which means that there is always a platform for the exchange of problems and suggestions either work-related or about everyday live during the traditional Fika breaks, during lunch or in the shared office.
Although an average working day in the – Waste Science group can be very smelly and exhausting it’s the perfect opportunity to gather new working skills, for the development of friendships with people from all over the world that might last a life time combined with the possibility to enjoy the incredible northern nature in all its beauty.
– LTU offers you a warm welcome in winter wonderland!