Subject of the Conference
The leading aim is to present current developments on smart building materials and on how to utilize and maximize their positive impact on sustainability. The conference will facilitate discussions and networking for academia and industry.
The SMASCO 2019 conference focuses on different areas of sustainability, under the thematic academic sessions on construction materials, novel and clean technologies, smart materials for construction, etc.
Keynote and Invited Speakers form several universities and more than 15 different countries will present their research and share their latest results. A company session is also organized on the third day of the conference.
- Prof. Karen Scrivener, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland
- Prof. John L. Provis, The University of Sheffield, UK
- Prof. Erik Schlangen, TU Delft University, Netherland
- Prof. Mette Geiker, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Norway
- Prof. Katarina Malaga, RISE, Sweden
- Prof. Mirja Illikainen, University of Oulu, Finland
- Prof. Tomasz Ponikiewski, Silesian University of Technology, Poland
- Prof. Jeanette Orlowsky, Technical University of Dortmund, Germany
- Prof. Andrzej Garbacz, Warsaw University of Technology, Poland
Vattenfall AB, SIKA, Boliden, Lafarge and others
Benefits of attending SMASCO 2019 conference include:
- Learning about the newest developments in construction materials
- Meeting companies and learn about the latest commercial products / services available and career opportunities
Please note that students participating in this conference will NOT receive any ECTS credits, but a Certificate of Attendance will be provided.
Who can apply?
Students and doctoral students who are interested in the subject and come from LTU are welcome to apply for participation in the conference. Note that there are only 30 places available. Meals are not included.
How to apply
We welcome students to apply via the web form. For further questions or information, contact Ilda Tole ( firstname.lastname@example.org ).