With trend analysis of change (wear) of the different wheel profile measurements, the change in the frequency of the manual wheel profile controls during construction (including "Norway Control"). Follow-up of profiles gives us as an operator and infrastructure owner better control:
- Wear on wheels and rails
- Can we optimize a profile by having better control of omsvarvning
- Reduced wear on wheels also reduced wear on the rail.
- Possibly one could identify the "hard route", ie
- Lines have higher wear on the wheels.
- We know where we've been running and can be an accurate profile measurement see if these track sections provide more or less wear
Profile Wheel Controls is done manually today. The goal of this project was to evaluate if this measurement can be done automatically using a wheel profile gauges and via the IT support for the subsequent handling of the data collection of wheel profile measurement that enable a trend analysis of the wear rate. Results from the tests carried out in the project has been based on historically collected the wheel profile data, historical data collected fordonsindividspårbarhets (individual vehicle / axle), as well as historical vehicle performance (Km) and maintenance status of the vehicle. The demarcated evaluations that have been implemented in view of the above, can demonstrate that trend analysis is fully feasible. The so-called "Statement 1" contains the basic functionality required to search out and do a trend analysis of any wheel profile parameter.
Project partners: SJ AB, The Swedish Transport Administration, Luleå University of Technology, Damill AB, 365 AB eMaintenance