Evaluation of condition-based maintenance based on force measurements are included as a subproject in ePilot119 which aims to implement the results of research, enhance the ability to exchange data maintenance between all parties involved in railway operation and to identify potential operating procedures for this. The sub-project is to evaluate and identify why the parties (LKAB, Green Cargo, SJ and SSAB) has not yet used the data supplied in its maintenance organization. What are the obstacles and what possible changes (hard and soft) needed to delivered data to be useful and get the whole railway system to the benefit. Goal of the project is to map and analyze why the parties (LKAB, Green Cargo, SJ and SSAB) yet evaluated demonstrator.
Despite the availability and online status of the demonstrator is good and delivered information deemed useful as the use is not operational. This is because:
- The choice of the prospective recipients who would evaluate demonstrator has not always been the same as those who had responsibility and could initiate inspection and maintenance effort.
- Lack of implementation, a plan for how the demonstrator would be used and evaluated were missing.
- Business dealings with the division of the wagon owner, wagon rental company, operator and maintenance companies, making it difficult to see where the liability limits are.
- Different business models for maintenance.
- Responsibilities when operators run other owners' wagons.
- The operator's driving conditions with regard to the vehicles rolled linked to the condition of the track, weather and who run them.
- Lack of time due. of leaner organizations
- The benefits of the demonstrator has not been sold in eg by visualizing the cost savings, extended wheel life or enhanced quality and reliability.
- Too much data is presented and requires both knowledge and a trained eye to find the errors.
- Limits for alarm levels available.
- Absence of analysis which allows to e.g. TRENDA degradation rate.
- The user must actively visit the demonstrator and look up information
Project leader: Ulla Juntintie, LTU, email@example.com .
Project partners: Luleå University of Technology, the Swedish Transport Administration, Damill AB