To strengthen the continuing collaboration works Railway Research center with a few areas and activities designed to not only allow for a national industry development but also to create the conditions to make Sweden a model in an international context.
These proposals are based on mainly on three building blocks illustrated in the picture:
Railway 4.0 is the overall framework designed to facilitate the choice of concepts, approaches, technologies and methodologies aimed at the development of the railway system, nationally and internationally.
Further help 'Rail 4.0' to the establishment of the Government nyindustrialiseringsstrategi (Cabinet Office, Part N2015.38), with a focus on transport and rail
Rail 4.0 shall also disseminate the experience and knowledge to other actors (railway undertakings, contractors, academia, consultants and Traffic Authority) in Sweden. This gives the entire railway industry more opportunities to better collaborate to test and implement relevant research and development results in the area eMaintenance. This in turn contributes to improved robustness and capacity of rail transport as well as increased cost of its operation and maintenance.
These effects are achieved by utilizing experience, knowledge and the results of previous projects (ePilot) and by:
- Using an industry-wide process-oriented approach
- Using an industry-wide service-oriented IT infrastructure that provides decision support based on state data
- Provide information and disseminate results of operations in Sweden and in the world
- Provide training materials and provide training opportunities in the rail industry in Sweden
- Last of the project three years the results of at least four sub-projects to be utilized in other parts of the railway sector
Then work in ePilot has shown very good results, the Transport Administration decided to continue the work in ePilot 2.0. ePilot 2.0 aims to further develop the results of previous work focused on implementing a process-oriented approach of Organizations and industry boundaries to improve operations. ePilot 2.0 will among other things help to Trafikverket and other industry participants practical exercises with concrete improvement in UH contracts.
In future work, the emphasis is on among other things that:
- verify that ePilot methods and technology serves as a basis for maintenance contracts in the rail
- increase the number of questions to answer by increasing the number of providers of data, which can provide information to the answers
- complete the procurement documentation (specifications, method of verification of tenders, etc.)
- provide a basis for applying ePilot and get the most benefit from it.
- increase interest ePilot practices and technology among entrepreneurs, industry, service providers and academia
- provide opportunities for an expanded gymnasium
ePilot 2.0 comes in selected areas continue to implement the results achieved to expand the ability of the industry to; a) continue to practice; b) develop c) interact and cooperate; and d) together exploit data and information.
The Testbed is a platform to conduct thorough, transparent and replicable testing of scientific theories, computational tools (eg Big Data Analytics) and new technology.
The goal of the Testbed Railway is to strengthen the rail industry's adaptability and competitiveness by developing and providing a so-called test-bed for research and innovation in the railway industry, nationally and internationally.
The purpose of the Testbed Railway is to enable Sweden to be a leader in research and innovation in the railway that contribute to strengthening the industrial production of rail-related goods and services in Sweden.