Our group had a big involvement in the conference. Aurora Gill had organized a tutorial in harmonics, where also our Math Bollen and two persons from the technical university in Dresden participated. The tutorial was very well attended, with about 80 registrations. Math Bollen had organized a key-note sessions on developments in international working group. Next to his own presentations on an IEEE and a CIGRE working group, there were presentations by the European Energy regulators (as organized in CEER) and by the European network operators (as organized in Eurelectric). This broad spectrum of organsations is not often found on the same platform; and it was appreciated very much by the conference participants.
Next to these activities, our group also presented a number of technical papers, including the following ones:
1. S. Bahramirad, M.H.J. Bollen, A. Khodaei, Smart distribution applications – some contributions to P1854, Renewable Energies and Power Quality Journal (REPQJ), ISSN 2172-038X.
2. M.H.J. Bollen, J.V. Milanovic, N. Cukalevski, CIGRE/CIRED JWG C4.112 – Power Quality Monitoring, Renewable Energies and Power Quality Journal (REPQJ), ISSN 2172-038X.
3. M.H.J. Bollen, S. Mousavi-Gargari S. Bahramirad, Harmonic resonances due to transmission-system cables, Renewable Energies and Power Quality Journal (REPQJ), ISSN 2172-038X.
4. N. Etherden, Martin Lundmark, Josep Maria Fernández, M. H. J. Bollen, Converter induced resonances in microgrids due to high harmonic distortion, Renewable Energies and Power Quality Journal (REPQJ), ISSN 2172-038X.
5. Yuqian Song, Jin Zhong, Math H. J. Bollen, An Optimal Long-Term Generation Expansion Plan considering CO2 Reduction Policies and Mechanisms, RenewableEnergies and Power Quality Journal (REPQJ), ISSN 2172-038X.
6. K. Yang, M. H. J. Bollen, Measurements of Complex Harmonic Current on Two Wind turbines, Renewable Energies and Power Quality Journal (REPQJ), ISSN 2172-038X.
7. S. Rönnberg , M. Bollen, A. Larsson, Emission from small scale PV-installations on the low voltage grid, Renewable Energies and Power Quality Journal (REPQJ), ISSN 2172-038X.
8. A. Gil-de-Castro, S.K. Rönnberg, M.H.J. Bollen, M. Wahlberg, A. Moreno-Munoz, Emission on the low voltage grid: measurements in an urban area, Renewable Energies and Power Quality Journal (REPQJ), ISSN 2172-038X.
The presence of our group in Cordoba was also used to make a number of technical visits. Mats Wahlberg visited Endesa, the local network operator where he obtained interesting information about substation and grounding. Our whole group visited a large solar power plant close to Cordoba. The park consistes of two parts: 6.1 MW photovoltaic park and 49.9 MW thermal solar. We checked among others about the status of the power-quality monitor that we installed here about two years ago.
Kai Yang made use of his presence in Spain to pay another visit to University of Carlos III in Madrid. He among others discussed cooperation on harmonics and wind power. The cooperation involves University of Carlos III and the company Energy to Quality.
The conference and the associated visits have given us the opportunity to spread our research results to others and to learn a lot of new things ourselves. All together: a very successful visit.