Resource-efficient fuel additives for reducing ash problems in waste wood combustion (REFAWOOD)
Publicerad: 21 januari 2019
• Today, waste wood combustion in dedicated plants or in cocombustion with forest wood chips has become common practice in many EU Member States.
• The majority of biomass and wood waste-fired power plant in Europe reports more or less extensive corrosion problems in the superheater as well as on furnace walls that cause unacceptably short life times.
• One of the measures to reduce the alkali chloride-related problems in biomass combustion is to use additives.
• The overall objective of REFAWOOD is to improve economic and environmental conditions and enlarge the market for the use of wood waste fuels in CHP-plants by using resource efficient additives
• Funding: ERA-NET Bioenergy (1,5 MEuro in total)
• Partners: SP-Rise (project leader), LTU, UmU, Chalmers, Opcon AB, ENA Energy AB, Gips Recycling AB, Utrecht Univ., Inst Tech. Drewna, Bioenergy 2020+……
• Duration: 2016-2019
• Contact persons at LTU: Marcus Öhman