Recognizing the important role of both intra- and inter-organizational collaboration to leverage scarce resources in entrepreneurship and small business, the main focus of the 2018 conference will be “Entrepreneurship and Collaboration”. From conceiving a value-adding idea to building and running a venture, collaboration is often a key component, where open innovation, crowd-sourcing and entrepreneurial eco-systems are recent concepts dealing with collaboration in entrepreneurial contexts. For this reason we especially welcome papers that deal with topics focusing on aspects of collaboration in relation to entrepreneurial processes or results. Yet, we also welcome empirical and conceptual papers in various fields of entrepreneurship and small business research, including:
- Gender and entrepreneurship
- Social entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurship and sustainability
- The entrepreneurial process and business start-up
- Opportunity identification and creation
- Entrepreneurship and job creation
- Intentions and cognition
- Entrepreneurial learning and entrepreneurship education
- Institutional frameworks for entrepreneurship and SME's
- Intrapreneurship and innovation management in SME's
- Academic entrepreneurship and spin-offs
- SME and Entrepreneurship Policy
- High growth SME's
- New venture survival and exit
- Habitual and serial entrepreneurs
- Minority and immigrant entrepreneurs
- Methodology and SME/entrepreneurship research
- Theory development in entrepreneurship and SME areas
Day: Doctoral consortium and PDW sessions.
Evening: Welcome reception.
Day: Paper sessions.
Evening: Conference dinner.
Paper sessions and keynote speeches.
Professor Dean Shepherd of Mendoza College of Business, Notre Dame University and former editor-in-chief of Journal of Business Venturing is confirmed as keynote speaker in the conference.
Targeting a journal submission?
NCSB 2018 will feature Special Sessions with detailed, written comments given by an experienced editor for the papers targeting journal submission! A maximum of 9 papers will be selected based on applications from authors that submit their full paper before the deadline. Priority will be given for PhD students or early-stage post docs. Submit your abstract to the publication track if you like your paper to be considered for the special sessions.