- I had heard good things about the research group in entrepreneurship at Luleå University of Technology so when I was invited last year I took the trip and was not disappointed, he says. Normally Dean A. Shepherd works at the Kelley School of Business, at Indiana University. He describes entrepreneurship as his passion and biggest interest.
Skilled team of researchers
- My father hashad his own firms as long as I can remember and I have always been fascinated by the thrill of entrepreneurship, says Dean A. Shepherd who is impressed by the research team at the university.
- It's a very skilled group with two leaders who complement each other superbly. Håkan Ylinenpää is very innovative in the way he leads the team and Joakim Wincent is a highly skilled scientist who has very good thoughts on the joint research projects which we will discuss during my visit here at the university.
Fill different roles
Professor Shepherd says that the researchers at Luleå University of Technology is particularly exciting to work with because of the group's diverse areas of expertise.
- Everyone has different roles at the same time as they are very well together as a group. Some have excellent industry and government contacts, and others are good at starting new exciting projects. In addition to that, there are also plenty of young enterprising scholars who will contribute much new knowledge in the field.
The visit to Luleå University of Technology follows a strict schedule and any excesses are not allowed. And that is exactly how he wants it.
- My passion is as said entrepreneurship and research and this is what I want to focus on during my visit. Moreover, it is a great pleasure to sit down and plan new research with this group.