The most recent weeks have been intense to the team captain. Studies, endgame, gold winner and the World Cup in Canada – a championship where Sweden placed fifth. Emma Eliasson has just got home again. But how does it feel now, just over two weeks after the gold in national hockey league?
– I have not had time to let it sink in. But when I look at the pictures after the finale, I wish that other female hockey players got to experience the same thing. It was really cool.
The support from the fans she describes as unbelievable, a mutual love that arose early in the season.
– We had never expected to get so much support. We are so happy about it.
Lives a different student life
Emma Eliasson is now on her second study year. She is happy with her educatuion and to study turned out to be really fun.
– I did not believe it, but it's really fun. Economy is a wide subject. I learn new things every day, terms I never heard of before. I get a larger portfolio of knowledge, a larger world. After my graduation I want to work with marketing. It's something that I have thought about the last five years.
Combining school with hockey has been relatively unproblematic. But full-time education and at least four hours of training each day requires professional planning and self-discipline.
– My season has been very special with a lot of national team games. However, many school assignments can be done through the computer, so it has worked really well.
During the endgame got Emma Eliasson help by a study counselor to rearrange the courses, to be able to study part-time.
– It has been great to study 50 percent during the intensive game period during spring. It was important for me so I'm incredibly grateful to it. Now I will be fully focused on my studies and I will try to have a little fun too, says Emma Eliasson.