This year's allocation of SGU's funding for applied geoscientific research and targeted geoscientific basic research is now finally complete. Two out of five projects awarded went to LTU's Department of Geosciences and Environmental Engineering: Applied Geochemistry and Ore Geology.
SGU has decided to award grants for the following new projects starting in 2020:
- Madelen Olofsson, Mid Sweden University, Mobility of arsenic in fiber banks off the coast of Västernorrland.
- Tobias Kampmann, Luleå University of Technology, 3D modeling of metallic mineral deposits in the Bergslagen lithotectonic unit.
- Jenny Norrman, Chalmers University of Technology, Novel subsurface thematic representations to support planning and valuation (part 1).
- Iain Pitcairn Stockholm University, Mobility of critical metals in the Bergslagen ore district.
- Lena Alakangas, Luleå University of Technology, Occurrence and Mobility of High-Tech Critical Metals in Mining Waste, Groundwater and Surface Water.