Machine Elements national meeting
How do we teach bearings, gears and other machine components
We at Luleå University of Technology invites you to a national meeting on the subject of Machine Elements on 21 March 2023. Machine Elements is a subject found in all engineering schools and we are now inviting teachers and scientists who have interest in this topic to a meeting where we can share knowledge and ideas. This first meeting will have a focus on teaching. The program is as follows:
11.00 Mingle and registration
13.00 Welcome introduction
- Elin Lidén, SKF – Changes in Mechanical engineering programs around the world
- Victoria van Camp, former CTO SKF, PhD in Machine Elements - On the industrial needs of Machine Elements knowledge
- Ellen Bergseth, KTH – How Machine Elements are taught at KTH
- Thomas Lohner, Technical University of Munich, Germany – How Machine Elements are taught at FZG
- Jens Hardell and Pär Marklund, LTU – Project based teaching in Mechanical Engineering
15.15 Fika break
15.45 Panel and plenum discussion about Machine Elements teaching
17.00 End of meeting
This event is part of the celebration of the 50 years anniversary of the Machine Elements group at LTU. The following day, Wednesday 22nd, there will be presentations on Machine Elements and Tribology, in industry and academia. The anniversary dinner will be held in the evening of 22nd. The 23rd is open for individual meetings with our scientists and teachers.
You register for the teaching event on 21 March in the link below. Registration for the other events will open soon.
The last day for registration is March 3