After completing this course you will be able to:
- understand the fundamentals of lubrication theory under-stand the possibilities and limitations of simulations in tri-bology
- understand how to model full lm and mixed lubrication know how elastohydrodynamic lubrication is modelled and
- how models can be used for simulations of gear teeth contactswrite a computer program which solves the lubrication the-ory equations
- know about multilevel/multigrid techniques and how theycan be applied to accelerate numerical integration and thesolution process for partial dierential equations
- write your own multilevel solver for 2D partial dierentialequations such as the Poisson equation and the Reynolds equation for iso-viscous ow between rigid bodies.
Publicerad:11 oktober 2013