After completion of the course the Student Should be Able to:
- Explain the physical principle and describe the performance (Such as room resolution and sensitivity) for the included methods,
- Describe the interaction between radiation (electrons, ions, X-rays) and the sample surface Including the origination of the detected signal,
- Describe the design of the most important instrument,
- Compare techniques and methods regarding performance and practical use,
- Choose Appropriate methods to solve a specific problem.