ProViking Result day in Luleå
The forth of may a result day was held by Proviking at Quality hotel in Luleå. A majority of the 23 involved projects had representatives on site. The projects ProAct and TriboAct from LTU and the division of machine elements were there.
ProViking is an investment in Swedish industry through research and development financed by the swedish foundation of strategic research.
The vision is:
- ProViking shall strengthen the competitiveness of the Swedish industry.
- Small and medium sized companies are to be stimulated to take part in research projects together with Universities and large companies.
- A leading position shall be reached within priorities areas.
- New methods resulting in new and/or improved products are to be developed.
- A research school in connection to the program shall educate PhD students for the commercial and industrial life
ProViking is annually holding one or several events where representatives from the different projects meet together with industry and academia to present results from recent research and discuss future research projects and collaboration.
For the first time one of these events was held in Luleå, which also is the base for several of the research projects. For starters a 90 second presentation was given by each project. During the next phase it was possible to visit each projects booth to receive more detailed information and also ask questions. After the lunch break two parallel sessions were longer presentations of some selected projects were held.
Below is a PDF containing an overview of the result day, and also a short description of each attending project. There is also two movies from the result days.