Our research subject participates with courses in the following programs at Luleå University of Technology:
- National Master Programme in Civil Engineering, with specialization in soil and rock engineering
- International Master Programme in Civil Engineering, with specialization in mining and Geotechnical Engineering
As a student in the national master programme in Civil Engineering, with specialization in soil and rock Engineering, you will read the following courses in rock engineering, rock mechanics and mining:
- T0013B - Rock Engineering and Rock Mechanics
- T0014B - Fundamentals of Rock Mechanics
- T7002B - Design of Rock Constructions
- T7008B - Open Pit and Underground Mining
- T7020B - Applied Rock Mechanics
- T7023B - Tunneling
In addition to the mandatory courses listed above, you have the opportunity to read additional courses within the same subject areas, ie. rock engineering, rock mechanics and mining. They are:
In the international Master's program we also give the following courses:
- T7001B - Fundamentals of Rock Mechanics
- T7024B - Project course in Rock and Soil Engineering (toghether with the resarch group Soil Mechanics)
Both programs conclude with a degree project, which is usually carried out in collaboration with companies in the industry or in connection with research projects conducted within our research group.
You are welcome to contact us if you are interested in doing your degree work in rock engineering, rock mechanics and mining, or if you have questions about our courses.