System analysis and bioeconomy platform
Bio4Energy consist of seven platforms of which researchers from the division of social sciences are involved in the platform system analysis and bioeconomy. The Bio4Energy platform for System Analysis and Bioeconomy conducts research in the following areas of activity:
- Use of process integration methods to optimize plant energy and material flows.
- Techno-economic assessments.
- Application of life-cycle analysis (LCA) for environmental assessments.
- Policy design and implementation, regulatory issues, market dynamics, and innovation diffusion and adaptation
- Spatial modeling of cost-effective production plant localizations.