APT will include a comparative analysis of training processes for theachers in each of the partner countries, namely Belgium, Estonia, Germany, Ireland, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom. The project aims to develop a "European profile" of identifiable attitudes under such headings as: inclusive education, ethics and gender issues. The comparative analysis and the diagnostic tool will explore, inter alia, student teachers´attitudes to working with parents, teaching migrants, the teaching of second and foreign languages and dealing with bullying in schools.
The main activities of the project will be training during short intensive workshops: piloted, evaluated and repeated in each of the partner countries
Diagnostic tool for student teachers and material for the preliminary training of teachers educators
An international seminar followed by the publication of selected proceedings and other relevant documentation
Workplan for the project
Project: Appraisal of potentials for teaching
Stage in life of project Outputs / Achievements Activities
Start and end date
of activities Partners / Persons involved 1.
Planning project activities and Information gathering
- “European profile” of attitudes
- Logo and website proposal for approval by partners
- Groundwork for future
publication: including glossary of key terms, select bibliography (as part of a larger publication)
a) National Standards/Curricula
b) Policies and practices in local institutes pertaining to teachers’ attitudes and beliefs.
- Develop (via e-mail contact) an agreed template for comparison and for the purpose of working out an agreed “European profile” of attitudes and beliefs to be included in the project
- Develop evaluation framework and strategy.
- Plan 1st project meeting (venue, agenda, timetable etc.)
From 1 October to 11 December 2003 (This preparatory work will take place at varying times in all partner institutions during the stated period).
Project partners refers to group:
R. Berger (D - Coordinator)
C. Pérez Valverde (ES)
A. Rickard (IE) K. Gillijns (B)
I. Timoštšuk (EE) C. Hughes (UK)
Swedish partner hosting meeting.
Graphic designer and website consultant
2. Information sharing and discussion
- Partners’ Presentations
- Logo website design and layout
- Dissemination strategy
- Evaluation strategy
1st project meeting
- Presentation of National standards and partner institutes’ practices relevant to the project.
- Presentation of logo and website design.
- Presentation and discussion of framework for evaluation (practical arrangements for video recording and submission of video files to evaluator).
- Discussion of website structure and strategy for its updating.
- Discuss dissemination strategies: national and international level.
- Appoint Publication Manager (with responsibility initially for: glossary, bibliography – and later for publication)
11 - 17 December 2003
Graphic and web designers
Project Comenius 2.1 Nr 112438-CP-1-2003-DE-Comenius-C-211
Staatliches Seminar für Lehrerbildung und Didaktik, Offenburg/Germany
Ute Leoni, Director
Dr Bernd Hainmüller, Head of Department "Project Management"