I am a Ph.D. student at the Department of Computer Science, Electrical and Space Engineering at Luleå University of Technology, Sweden. I am part of the Robotics and Artificial Intelligence research group of the Signal and System Division, under the guidance of Professor George Nikolakopoulos. I received my Integrated Master's degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from University of Patras, Greece, where my direction was towards, automatic control and robotic systems. My research interest is focused on edge computing architectures for robotic applications, aerial manipulation autonomy components and augmented reality for remote aerial operation. Currently, I am working on the "AERO-TRAIN" project, and the title of my project is "Augmented reality for enhancing semi-autonomous remote aerial manipulation".
AERO-TRAIN - Augmented reality for enhancing semi-autonomous remote aerial manipulation
- Project Description
- The project focuses on developing methods to enhance the remote operability of the UAV by introducing autonomy components that can handle integration/fusion of the robotic modeling, path planning, obstacle avoidance, low level flying control and the environmental perception. Thus, this project will deal with building augmented reality interfaces that will enable an accurate, easy and safe human-machine collaborative operation. Additionally, remote (edge-based) autonomy components will be developed, such as surrounding perception, obstacle avoidance, assisting navigation, enhanced stability in flying etc, which will be acting as an intelligent layer, that will filter out operations that could result in damage of the the infrastructure or the platform. By achieving this, the goal of moving towards safer remote operations will be accomplished.
- Project Objectives
- Edge Computing and 5G for computational and storage resources with minimal latency
- Handle the seamless integration/fusion of the robotic modeling, path planning, obstacle avoidance, low level flying control and the environmental perception
- Develop algorithms for autonomous robot to user suggestions
- Develop methods for user to robot intuitive command
- Spring 2022 - Teaching Assistant for the course "R7008E - Industrial automation", Luleå University of Technology
- Niklas Dahlquist - Generation of Behavior Trees for Dynamical Agents Based on Market Based Task Allocation
- Marios Stamatopoulos - Collaborative Control of Aerial Robots for Co-manipulating Flexible Objects