Agatino Rizzo (里佐), Ph.D., is a tenured, associate professor in urban planning and design at LTU. Since 2005, Dr. Rizzo has worked as a researcher, visiting fellow, and then lecturer in urban planning and design in several institutions in Europe and Asia. Agatino works at the intersection of planning, design, and geography in contexts as different as Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Canada, Malaysia, Malta, Italy, Singapore, Qatar and the UAE. His main interests are the study of the resource-urbanization nexus and development of a vision to transition to resource-integrated urbanization. Cross-cutting themes are resilience, climate, landscape, heritage, energy, and knowledge production.
GIS/Spatial Analysis, Sustainable Planning & Resilience.
External reviewer assignments
- External Expert: Assessment proposals for Leading Integrated Research for Agenda 2030 in Africa (LIRA 2030 Africa)
- Management Committee Member, COST Action "Implementing nature based solutions for creating a resourceful circular city" (Circular City Re.Solution)
- Member of the scientific committee UPLanD - Journal of Urban Planning, Landscape & environmental Design.
- External Expert: intergovernmental framework for European Cooperation in Science and Technology (COST, European Union);
- Referee for academic international journals such as the "International Journal of Urban and Regional Research", “Urban Affairs Review”, “Landscape and Urban Planning”, and “Cities”.