Charlotta Söderberg is Senior Lecturer in Political Science at the Division of Social Sciences at Luleå University of Technology. She has a PhD in Political Science (2011) from Umeå University.
Charlotta Söderberg's research is mainly focused on environmental policy integration, multi-level governance, policy learning and institutional analysis with an empirical focus on environmental policy in general and energy-, climate-, and water policy in particular. Charlotta has a long experience of research in both political science based research projects and in multidisciplinary research projects, she participates regularly in both Swedish and international research conferences and is currently active in a number of Swedish and international research projects.
Ongoing research projects
- The Prospect of Climate Change Acts as a means for Environmental Policy Integration in Europe - a Comparative Analysis (Formas 2017-2021);
- Water- and wildlife management in Sweden: a comparative analysis of different models for multi-level governance (Formas 2015-2020);
- Community Appropriate Sustainable Energy Security (CASES) (SSHRC 2019-2026).
Previous research/expert assignments
Charlotta participated as an expert and lead author in Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services in Nordic Coastal Ecosystems - an IPBES-like assessment (Nordiska ministerrådet 2016-2018).
- Resource Efficient Cities (Svensk Fjärrvärme 2015-2017)
- SPEQS - A Systems Perspective on Environmental Quality Standards (Naturvårdsverket 2012-2015):
- Multi-level Environmental Policy Integration in Bioenergy (Formas 2007-2011);
- Policy Integration for Sustainability (PINTS, Formas 2002-2007).
Charlotta Söderberg's thesis: Multi-sector environmental policy integration in bioenergy: policy learning across sectors and levels?