SAIS21 in Luleå, www.ltu.se/research/subjects/Maskininlarning/SAIS-2021?l=en
I have a PhD in Physics (2007, Swedish Graduate School of Space Technology) and I did a postdoc at IFPA in Belgium (2008-09), both focusing on numerical simulations and modeling in theoretical physics. I did the MSc diploma work in ATLAS at CERN (2001). My curiosity for brains, neuromorphic engineering and the physics of brains made me shift research focus. I did a second postdoc in brain-inspired machine learning (2010-11) at EISLAB, where I presently work.
I am the examiner of the following courses:
- Neural networks and learning machines (D7046E), link .
- Neuromorphic computing, upcoming course in the Applied AI program.
Since 2014, I coordinate the "Technical Physics and Electrical Engineering" program at LTU (Master of Science, 300Hp). In the past I was the examiner for E0003E Electric circuit theory, D0011E Digital design, D0017E Introduction to programming for engineers. Before 2010 I taught several courses in physics.
Current PhD students
- Jacob Nilsson , machine learning for M2M interoperability in the Arrowhead Framework .
- Mattias Nilsson , architecture for low-power pattern recognition with DYNAP neuromorphic system. Supported by The Kempe Foundations.
- Karl Ekström , natural language processing for fault severity estimation, KnowIT FAST .
- Kim Albertsson ( CERN ), machine learning in high-energy physics.
- Rickard Brännvall ( RISE ), machine learning for automation of datacenters, AutoDC .
- Co-supervision of Gustav Grund Pihlgren , Saleha Javed , Carl Borngrund , Lars-Johan Sandström , and Muhammad Ahmer (SKF).
- Sergio Martin del Campo Barraza , machine learning for automation of wind turbine condition monitoring system.
Graduated PhD students
- Siddharth Dadhich, Automation of Wheel-Loaders, link (co-supervisor).
- Sergio Martin del Campo Barraza, Unsupervised feature learning applied to condition monitoring, link .
- Blerim Emruli, Ubiquitous Cognitive Computing: A Vector Symbolic Approach, link .
Some code and tools. Contact me if you are interested in code used in research articles that is not listed below.
- 3FCS code, link .This code was developed and used for the quark matter calculations in the papers about neutron stars with quark matter cores and related phase diagrams, including my most cited paper in Phys. Reef. D.
- Femtolensing tool, link . Calculates the gravitational lensing signatures of low-mass (10 14 -10 17 kg) compact interstellar objects. This code was developed when working on the preon star hypothesis, see highlights below.
- N-dimensional random projection code, link . Result of early work on representation learning for cognitive computing.
- CBVS code, link . Early work on cognitive computing.
- Dircheck, link . A useful tool for verification of file archives.
- Python code for distributed computing over ssh, link .
- ASOUND Matlab plugin, link .
- Online collaborative writing in Latex, link . Developed before the time of Sharelatex / Overleaf etc.
- Gunnar Öquist Fellow award and grant from The Kempe Foundations, link .
- Dark matter neutron-star core hypothesis. Paper , paper , impact .
- ISSP award for an original work in theoretical physics, link (more about Prof. 't Hooft and Prof. Zichichi ).
- Preon star hypothesis. Paper , paper , observational predictions , Nature news , Phys. Reef. Focus , New Scientist .