My primary research area is Internet of Things (IoT) and Cyber-physical Systems (CPS) for industrial monitoring and control in harsh industrial environments.
Current research topics are:
- Web services and Service-oriented Architecture (SOA) on resource-constrained networked devices
- Industrial Internet of Things
- Energy-efficient wireless communication
- Low-power design of embedded systems
- OMA LWM2M and IPSO Smart Objects on Contiki
I currently perform research in some of Europe's larget projects such as Arrowhead, I2Mine and EMC2. In these projects, I contribute with expertise in IoT and CPS, SOA on resource-constrained devices, embedded web services and security.
I'm currently also involved in the IPSO Alliance. More details about my work on OMA LWM2M and IPSO Smart Objects can be found here: http://sm-pc777.sm.ltu.se/~jens/. A Github repo holding all source code for Contiki is available here: https://github.com/jenseliasson/iot-apps
I am supervising the following PhD students:
- Pablo Puñal Periera
- Hasan Derhamy
- Oscar Karlsson