In 2012, I received my M.Sc. in Infrastructure Engineering from the KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm. Then, I joined Luleå University of Technology to pursue a doctorate in the field of Structural Engineering. Late 2017, I defended my Ph.D. thesis in the area of Anchorage to Concrete Structures.
I am currently working as a researcher and associate senior lecturer at LTU. My research area of interests includes the sustainability and durability of buildings and civil infrastructures (in general), and the development of innovative methods of the design, construction, assessment, maintenance, and repair of structures (in particular).
- Characterization of mechanical and fracture properties of old concrete material for improved bridge assessment
- Load-carrying capacity of metallic anchorage systems in High-Performance- and Steel-Fibre-Reinforced-Concrete structures
- Improved structural health monitoring of bridges and tunnels using advanced optical methods
- Strengthening of non-composite steel-girder concrete-slab bridges using post-installed shear connectors in the form of Coiled Spring Pins
- Design of concrete structures and structural connections
- Monititoring and assessment of existing structures
- Strengthening and retrofiting of existing structures
- Non-linear Finite Element analysis of structures
- Fracture mechanics of old and young concrete
- Management of small- to large-scale laboratory and field testing