Rasoul received his MSc in Infrastructural Engineering from Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Sweden. He has been working as a PhD candidate at the Division of Structural and Fire Engineering in LTU since October 2012.
His current research project focuses on the load-carrying capacity of existing and new fastening systems in concrete structures and aims to improve the design methods and performance of anchorage systems.
- Seismic performance of cast-in and post-installed anchors in concrete structures
- Fatigue behavior of anchorage systems in concrete structures
- Creep behavior of post-installed anchors under sustained loads
- Strengthening and retrofitting of existing structures
- Fracture mechanics of concrete structures
- Design and dynamic evaluation of concrete structures and infrastructures
- Non-linear Finite Element analysis of structures