I'm a PhD student in Structural and Construction Engineering at Luleå University of Technology. My reserach area is ice mechanics with focus on mechanical properties of ice from pressure ridges and brash ice in ship tracks as well as consolidation of broken ship channels. Prior to my research I've joined several field programs in the Arctic and in the Bay of Bothnia.
At the departement I'm involved in education at undergraduate level. Further I was involved in the Cerbof project, doing energy calculations for heavy mass buildings.
- Consolidation of brash ice
- Mechanical properties of ice
- Structure and strength of first-year pressure ridges
- Laboratory and field measurement techniques for testing ice properties and behavior
- Laboratory and field experiments
- Numerical analysis