My field of research is homogenization. Homogenization is the branch of mathematics where partial differential equations with rapidly oscillating coefficients are studied. Besides pure mathematical problems I have also worked with different applications, mostly within tribology, composite engineering and flow in porous media.
Current assignments at LTU
- Head of the department of Mathematical sciences (mathematics, mathematical statistics and scientific computing)
- Chair professor in mathematics
Research council funding
Main applicant for the following grants from the Swedish Research Council (VR)
- An interdisciplinary study of rough surface fects in lubrication by homogenization techniques, No. 621-2005-3168.
- An interdisciplinary study of multiscale problems in tribology by homogenization techniques, No. 621-2008-5186.
- Development of mathematical models and homogenization theory with focus on multi-scale problems in tribology: An interdisciplinary study, 2013-4978.
I am also a partner in another six grants from VR.