How to Apply for your Diploma

Published: 7 September 2016

Applications are made in My LTU.  If you do not have an account in My LTU, then you can fill out the application form below.

You can fill in the application within the PDF document, but you have to print it out and send it to the Office of Diplomas.

All the courses included in the degree must be completed and registered with a final grade when you apply for your degree certificate. You can check this on My LTU.

Before your Application

The application for a diploma can not be submitted until all the courses included in the exam are uploaded into LADOK, the national documentation system for studies. The application will be returned to you if you have not completed all your courses.

Keep in mind that you may not have more courses in your transcript than the degree requirements, eg Bachelor 180hp, 120hp university diploma etc.

Diploma Supplement

Diploma Supplements are issued automatically and free of charge to all students who have successfully completed degree programmes at Luleå University of Technology. Diploma Supplement is issued in English.

The Diploma Supplement is appended to the degree certificate to facilitate academicand professional recognition of both foreign and Swedish qualifications (diplomas, degrees, certificates, etc.).

It is designed to provide a description of the nature, level, context, content and status of the studies that were pursued and successfully completed by the individual namedon the original qualification to which this supplement is appended, and how university studies are organized in Sweden.

Courses at another university

If you have read courses at another Swedish higher education institution that should be included as optional courses in your degree, they will appear when you apply for a diploma via MITT LTU.

If they are not visible or if you apply via a form, you must submit a study certificate on the courses to be included in the degree.

Publication in Newspapers

Notice of degree conferral will be published in the following newspapers: Norrbottens kuriren, NSD, Piteåtidningen, Kirunatidningen, Haparandabladet, Västerbottens kuriren, Norra Västerbotten and Västerbottens folkblad.

If you prefer not to have notice of your degree conferral published, you must notify us via the message field in the application or via e-mail at:

If you would like a notice published in newspapers other than the above, you must contact them yourself.

How long does it take?

We process the applications in the order they arrive. Normally the process takes up to 8 weeks providing that all courses are completed with a final grade and are in concurrence with the study plan.

At the end of each term we have more applications and the process time can increase.