If you are taking distance education, it may be possible for you to write your exams at a campus other than campus Luleå. The examination site must, of course, meet the university's requirements for legal certainty.
- Distance examinations must take place at a college, university or learning centre.
- The exam venue must be able to receive you at the given time of the examination and must have an approved invigilator, which means that a trained person must be present during the entire writing period.
- Luleå University of Technology does not guarantee that vacancies are available for the exam at another exam site or that the site is open.
- You are responsible for arranging the exam as per the checklist below. Examinations will take place simultaneously (same time and date) as it would at Luleå University of Technology.
If you do not find a place for the examination that meets the requirements above, you option is to complete the exam on campus in Luleå.
In case of missed registration for the exam, you can find more information on this page.
Checklist for registering for the exam remotely
- Find an exam place based on the list (see list of exam types below)
- Contact the contact person at the exam location where you want to take the exam and book your place. You need to inform the contact person f the exam is written in Inspera. Note that the time for the exam is not specified until after the registration period has expired, this is done by the university's central exam administration and is allocated in the exam schedule about a week before the exam day. The link to the exam schedule is below. The distance exam is taken as far as possible, starting at 09:00, therefore book that time provisionally.
- Make your exam registration via My LTU -> Examination -> Examination registration. Select the exam location and any granted exam adjustment and then press submit. LTU sends out the exam to the place you registered for in Kronox.
- A few days after exam registration has closed, check the time in the exam schedule (see below).
- Study! Good luck.
If you are unlikely to be able to write the exam you registered for or if the learning center issues a late cancellation, you must notify the contact person with a copy to the department (see below). If you mismanage this, there is a risk that the examination site will not accept students from the university in the future and that both the examination site and Luleå University of Technology incur unnecessary costs.
With the "distance" form of teaching, there shall be no writing costs for the student. In case of any costs for writing the exam at the exam site, where they cannot invoice the university, the student can receive reimbursement for expenses on presentation of a receipt/excerpt. Contact your course offering institution for further information. Please note that the possibility of compensation only applies to exam places and costs within Sweden's borders.
For you with approved exam adjustment
Before each exam, you must apply for exam adjustment for that particular exam.
- You are responsible for contacting the examination center to see if they can offer the adaptations you have been granted by Luleå University of Technology. You must show your certificate of your recommended granted support to the exam location.
- When you have found an exam center that can offer support, you register for the exam. In connection with the registration, click on the support you want to invoke for the current exam.
- If you want to check the support you requested afterwards, go to your exam registration and click on support. The support you selected is then marked green.
If for some reason you cannot write the exam you signed up for or if the learning center issues a late cancellation, you must cancel your exam place and notify LTU. See contact details below.
If you mismanage this, there is a risk that the examination site will not accept students from the university in the future and that both the examination site and Luleå University of Technology incur unnecessary costs.