Skip to content

Apply for Special Educational Support

If you have a permanent disability, you are eligible to apply for special educational support during your studies via a system called NAIS.

Before you apply, make sure you have a certificate in pdf format issued by a licensed health care professional or dyslexia investigator.

How to apply for support:

  1. Fill out the application in NAIS by clicking the application link in the blue box on the right. You will come to a different site.
  2. Once you have filled out your application in NAIS, you will be contacted by a Funka coordinator for a conversation about your educational support needs.
  3. If your application is approved, the coordinator will write an approval with recommendations about the support you need.  The approval is valid from the time you register with us and throughout the entire duration of your studies.
  4. If your application is rejected it is because your supporting evidence shows that you do not have a permanent disability.

We recommend that you bring the approval with you when you talk to your professors to explain your extra needs.