- FTP client, eg FileZilla.
- Student or staff user account at LTU.
- Click on the site manager button at the top left of the keypad in Filezilla.
- Click the button New site.
- Name the connection, for example ltu.se.
- Type in Host:
- Type in Port: 22
- Change the protocol to: SFTP - SHH File Transfer Protocol
- Change the login type to: Ask for password
- User: Your LTU username
- Press the OK button to save everything.
- Choose your connection by clicking the down arrow directly to the right of the button site manager.
- Enter your university password in the text box that pops up.
- If necessary, check the check box Always trust this host, add this key to the cache.
You will now be connected to your home directory. Your computer is the folder on the left and your home directory (H:) is located on the right side.
Since the new file system there is a new search for home directory and public homepage (public_html)
NOTE! In the instruction video we use host adress for staff. Look in instruction above student host adress.
Connect to the home directory via SFTP.