If you are using a private computer and this is your first time connecting to the cloud service, download and install the Citrix Workspace App
As from now the following desktops should be used in Citrix:
- Windows 10 Student (all normal applications)
- Windows 10 3D CAD Student (for CAD and other graphics demanding applications)
Computers in computer rooms at Campus Luleå already have the software installed.
In computer rooms with a thin client, IGEL, it automatically connects to the cloud service.
- In the browser on your computer, go to https://ltuportal.cloud.com .
- Log in with your email address at LTU and your LTU-password .
- When you start a software, it will launch in the Citrix Workspace App , note that it takes a while to launch the software.
For instructions regarding installation of Citrix Workspace App, see the user guide in the link list below.
You are automatically logged out of the service after 60 minutes of inactivity, your program is in standby mode for a few hours but then closes completely. It is therefore very important that you save your work before that. We recommend that you save in OneDrive which is included for you as a student at LTU and is pre-installed in the cloud service.
You can choose to mark a software as a favorite by clicking the star in the upper left corner of the software you use frequently.
Surfing web pages with the browser in the cloud service
The "computer" you use when logging in through the cloud service is located in Amsterdam, which allows several websites to customize materials and languages based on it.
NOTE! For best performance, it is recommended that you use the OneDrive storage that is included as a student at LTU when using the cloud-based computer rooms.
If you can´t see any apps when login to citrix you might lack access. Create a request in our requestsystem, link below.