- Student users at LTU
- Created password for Eduroam
Automatic VPN setup
- Click the link below and download the file for automatic VPN setup for students
- Run the file and enter your LTU username when prompted. Enter your Mac password to approve the installation.
- To connect for the first time, click the network icon in the menu bar at the top right and select Network preferences. Select LTU - Student in the field on the left and then click Connect. Note that it is your Eduroam password you must enter.
Tip! Check "Show VPN status in menu bar" and you will get an icon next to the network icon in the menu bar you can use to connect from now on.
Manual VPN setup
Note that you should fill in your username without @ltu.se BUT with your Eduroam password when creating the VPN connection.
- Click on the Apple at the top left, choose System Preferences
- Select Network
- Touch + in the lower left corner, under the list of network devices
- In the first box, fill in as follows:
VPN Type: L2TP over IPSec
Service Name: LTU-Student
- When the VPN connection is now created, fill in as follows:
Server Address: studvpn.ltu.se
Account Name: Your username at LTU, without @ ltu.se after
Click Authentication Settings
- Select and fill in as shown below:
Password: Your Eduroam password
Shared Secret: See the link under the wizard
- Click Advanced and check Send All Traffic Over VPN Connection in the box that appears, click OK .
- Click Apply at the bottom right and then Connect .
- In the Show VPN Status menu in the bar bar, you can connect to the VPN connection at any time by clicking the new icon you receive on the menu bar at the top.