Skip to content

Eligibility for programs and courses

In order to study at university, you need to meet certain criteria or "eligibility requirements." There are two types of eligibility: general eligibility and specific eligibility.

Basic qualifications, such as full ratings from a secondary school, adult education or college, are required for all university studies in Sweden. If you lack these basic qualifications, you can supplement them by attending municipal adult education (kommunal vuxenutbildning) or studies at college (folkhögskola).

For most programs, however, you also need specific qualifications, which differ between different programs.

Questions about the application, eligibility and admission