Theoretical atomic molecular and optical physics. Quantum and classical descriptions of molecular collisions and interactions with electromagnetic radiation. Focus on astro-applications: molecule formation in the interstellar medium and radiation transfer in planetary and stellar atmospheres.
- Péter Szabó, Molecule production in the interstellar medium, March 2017 - February 2019
- Daniel Šimsa, Calculations of absorption in the giant planets of our solar system, March 2020 -
- Martina Šimsová née Zámečníková, Calculations of molecular processes in supernovae, March 2020 -
PhD student: Wissam Fakhardji, Classical molecular dynamics simulations of collision-induced absorption: method development and evaluation, September 2015 - February 2021
- Jonatan Öström, Radiative association of CF+, 2014-2015, thesis
- Johan Carlstedt, H2-He collision-induced absorption, 2019
My teaching is centered around student involvement. My tools: interactive methods, concept tests with clickers and peer-instruction, complemented with a combination of traditional class room demonstrations and computer simulations.
I have been involved in the organization of LTU's Graduate School of Space Technology.