Sebastian is a senior lecturer/assistant professor in nursing and a registered nurse specialized in psychiatric care. In his 2015 doctoral thesis he explored the content and context of adult psychiatric inpatient care from the perspective of professional caregivers. He has a clinical background in acute psychiatric care.
He has been involved in teaching at university level since 2006, mainly within first cycle nursing education and second cycle psychiatric nursing education. He is interested in flexible, relational, web based pedagogical solutions.
Sebastians research use qualitative and mixed methods and include both professional and service user perspectives. Areas of special interest include:
- Psychiatric inpatient care and inpatient mental health nursing
- Recovery oriented care and recovery focused transformation
- Reflective practices in nursing education and practice
- Vulnerable populations health care needs and experiences
- Innovative technological solutions in mental health
- Professional roles and perspectives in psychiatric care
- Programme director, Postgraduate diploma programme in specialist nursing, psychiatric care
- Editor-in-chief of Psyche published by the Swedish Association of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurses
- Member of the national ethics board of the Swedish Society of Nursing
- Member of the International Journal of Mental Health Nursing editorial board
- Peer reviewer for Issues in Mental Health Nursing, International Journal of Mental Health Nursing, and International Journal of Qualitative Studies on Health and Well-being