Luleå University of Technology
+46 (0)920 493227
Sebastian is Associate Professor of Nursing, Recognized University Teacher and Registered Nurse specialized in psychiatric care. In his 2015 doctoral thesis he explored the content and context of adult psychiatric inpatient care from the perspective of professional caregivers. He has a clinical background in acute psychiatric care.
He has been involved in teaching at university level since 2006, mainly within first cycle nursing education and second cycle psychiatric nursing education. He is interested in flexible, relational, web based pedagogical solutions.
- O7034H Nursing, Thesis in Psychiatric Care, 15 credits
- O7024H Nursing within Psychiatric Care, 7.5 credits
- O7044H Nursing Interventions within Psychiatric Care, 7.5 credits
- O7074H Leadership, organization and development in Psychiatri Care, 7.5 credits
- M7015H, Psychiatry, 7.5 credits
- O0102H Recovery-Oriented Practice in Psychiatric Care I, 7.5 credits
- O0108H Recovery-Oriented Practice in Psychiatric Care II, 7.5 credits
- O0106H Nursing, Thesis, 15 credits
Sebastians research use primarily qualitative methods and include both professional and service user perspectives. Areas of special interest include:
- Psychiatric inpatient care and inpatient mental health nursing
- Recovery oriented care and recovery focused transformation
- Reflective practices in nursing education and practice
- Vulnerable populations health care needs and experiences
- Innovative technological solutions in mental health
- Professional roles and perspectives in psychiatric care
- Anja Söderberg, Department of Health, Education and Technology, Luleå University of Technology. Main supervisor.
- Katharina Derblom, Department of Nursing, Umeå University. Co-supervisor.
- Niklas Pekkari, Department of Social Sciences, Technology and Arts. Co-supervisor.
- Anna Sandsten, Department of Nursing, Umeå University. Co-supervisor.
- Pro-Dean and Vice Chairman of the Faculty Board, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Programme director, Postgraduate diploma programme in specialist nursing, psychiatric care
- Associate Editor International Journal of Mental Health Nursing
- Member of Fortes review panel for the are Health care and health care organization
- Peer reviewer for Issues in Mental Health Nursing, Journal of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, Perspectives in Psychiatric Care, and International Journal of Qualitative Studies on Health and Well-being