Thomas Ejdemo is a PhD student in Entrepreneurship & Innovation at Luleå University of Technology.
- Research education, Entrepreneurship & Innovation, Luleå University of Technology (PhD expected in 2021).
- M.Sc. program in Economics, Luleå University of Technology.
Thomas's research focuses on the relationships between innovation, entrepreneurship, and regional economic development. Specific research interests include:
- Economics of innovation and entrepreneurship
- Evolutionary economic geography
- Entrepreneurial ecosystems
- High-growth firms
His research on entrepreneurship and innovation has appeared in the prestigious journal Research Policy, among other outlets. Before starting PhD studies, he was a project researcher at the Economics Unit at LTU where much of his work focused on the economic and social implications of natural resource based industries. His past research has appeared in peer-reviewed international journals as well as in numerous reports to different stakeholders including government agencies and the Nordic Council of Ministers.
In addition to his PhD studies, he regularly engages in work commissioned by regional authorities in Norrbotten County, within the regional renewal-project. The project aims to inform regional development work in Norrbotten through applied research on policy-relevant issues.
During 2021, Thomas teaches on courses in quantitative methods and entrepreneurship:
- Data and analysis for business administration (spring 2021).
- Research methodology (fall 2021).
- New venture creation and business planning (fall 2021).
Thomas has experience from interdisciplinary research projects, international collaborations, and cooperation and interaction with public agencies at the national, regional and local levels. He is a member of the board of NyföretagarCentrum Nord, an organization that provides advice and training to start-up entrepreneurs.