In Green Fuels, Luleå University of Technology has a partnership with Chemrec and Haldor Topsö. In addition, a consortium of national and public actors is connected to the pilot plant.
The one who is leading the research at the LTU Green Fuels is Richard Gebart, professor in Energy Science at Luleå University of Technology. Birgitta Marke is the operations manager for the facility which is located in Piteå.
- New materials pyrolysis powdered fuels of various kinds, and liquified organic waste.
- New ultra-clean diesel engines which Volvo test drives with ten trucks using the "green" diesel Bio-DME.
- Innovations in synthesis processes (membrane, thermal present cal cyclones, reserved fuel and pressurized electrolysis).
- New methods for in situ measurements.
- New methods of pretreatment (Solvolysis, etc.).
- Lease infrastructure for external projects and be a national infrastructure for research in green fuels.