Space Technology and Instrumentation, Luleå University of Technology;
- Atmospheric and Space Science, Luleå University of Technology;
- Space Robotics and Automation, Aalto University School of Electrical Engineering;
- Space Science and Technology, Aalto University School of Electrical Engineering;
- Dynamics and Control of Systems and Structures, Cranfield University;
- Space Automation and Control, Czech Technical University in Prague;
- Space Technique and Instrumentation, Université Toulouse III - Paul Sabatier.
- Astrophysics, Space Science and Planetology, Université Toulouse III - Paul Sabatier.
The academic staff members in the partner universities are active researchers who implement the recent scientific achievements in their respective academic fields into the Program courses. The main learning outcomes for the Program are:
- fundamental and advanced knowledge in the academic subjects studied;
- holistic approach to and comprehensive view of advanced space projects;
- management skills required for space projects, e.g. systems on-board aircraft or satellites, techniques for satellite launch, interplanetary missions, earth observation, space data management;
- transferable skills, e.g. entrepreneurship, scientific writing, social competence, communication skills, leadership in an international and intercultural environment.
Since 2005 the Program attracts ambitious students with high academic performance from countries around the world. The student professional qualifications have been recognized by the international academic community through student publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals and conference proceedings, as well as regular participation in international conferences, e.g. European Geophysical Union General Assembly, International Astronautical Congress and ESA Symposium on European Rocket and Balloon Programs and Related Research.
The Program graduates work with fundamental and applied research, technology and engineering. The education is an excellent foundation for students aiming at an academic research carrer.
Education in Sweden is free of charge for citizens from EU/EES, Nordic countries, Swizerland, persons with permanent residence permit in Sweden, residence permit in Sweden of other reasons than studies. Particiaption costs and fees are charged according to the national and university regulations at the partner universities.
Master Programme in Space Science and Technology
Normal teaching, Autumn 2021
Successful completion of a basic engineering program or a Bachelor´s degree with a minimum of 180 ECTS in the areas of physics (space, plasma, atmospheric, nuclear, particle, fluid dynamics, aerodynamics), space science, planetology, astronomy, atmospheric science, remote sensing, numerical simulations, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, space engineering, aerospace engineering, robotics, automation, communication, electronics, mechatronics, control theory or equivalent. A minimum of 22.5 ECTS in mathematics at the university level is required.
Good knowledge in English, equivalent to English B/6.More information about English language requirements»
The selection procedure is based on academic qualifications, quality and quantity aspects
Do you want to know more about the programme?
The programme syllabus includes a description of the programme structure and its courses. The study schedule shows the order in which the courses in the programme are carried out. The qualification descriptor includes local and central requirements that must be met for a particular degree.
Did you not find answers to your questions?
At Universityadmissions.se, you can find answers to many questions regarding application, admission and eligibility. You can also contact us with general questions about studying at Luleå University of Technology and questions related to eligibility and admission.
Questions about the programme
For detailed questions about the contents of the programme, please do not hesitate to contact us. For questions about application, admission, eligibility, and fees, please see information above.