Find on this page
The university library provides access to a large number of electronic journals.
Access to the journals
When you are at Luleå University of Technology, you can access all content in the e-journals automatically, but if you are elsewhere, you must access the journal via the library's web and log in with your LTU user. There are also a number of printed journals to read and copy at the library.
In the journal list you will find all our journals. There is also an app for academic journals that makes it easier for you to browse your favorite journal.
Don't have an LTU user?
If you do not have an LTU user, you can only access the e-journals on site at the library, on your own computer or on one of the library's computers, after generating a wifi code that you can get on a special i-pad at the library.
Search journals in Publication Finder
In the list of journals you can find all the journals available through the university. Search for a journal in the search box or browse by topic. Keep in mind that if you want to search articles systematically, you do that through our databases. With an app for scholarly journals you can read your favourite journals on iPhone, iPad, Android or via the web.
Here you will find lists of journal abbreviations to help identify the journals.
BrowZine - an app for scholarly journals
With BrowZine you can read the library's academic journals on iPhone, iPad, Android or see your bookshelf on the web. BrowZine currently has about 15,000 journals and all of Luleå University of Technology's 100 most used journals.
With BrowZine you can:
- Access journals on your tablet or mobile device.
- Save, download and export articles to RefWorks, Zotero, Mendeley, and Endnote.
- Read articles offline.
- Create a bookshelf with favourite journals and receive new article notifications.
- Access your bookshelf from any device.
How to use BrowZine - with the app
- Go to the Appstore External link, opens in new window. or Google Play External link, opens in new window. on your tablet or phone.
- Download the BrowZine app.
- Select Luleå University Library in the list of libraries.
- Log in with your LTU user.
- Then create a personal account in BrowZine and you will be able to see the same bookshelf in your phone, tablet and on the web.
How to use BrowZine - on the web
- Click on http://browzine.com/libraries/1221 External link, opens in new window. from your computer.
- Then create a personal account in BrowZine and you will be able to see the same bookshelf on your phone, tablet and the web.
- Log in with your personal BrowZine user.
When using BrowZine outside Luleå University of Technology's network, a page with Luleå University of Technology login will be displayed. You then log in with your LTU user first to access BrowZine.
Luleå University Library has license agreements with several different suppliers and publishers of electronic resources. These agreements set rules for how the resources may be used.
Rules for use of electronic media
- No agreement allows commercial use.
- Copying/downloading is only allowed for personal use. Copying includes electronic copies.
- You may distribute single copies of articles to third-party colleagues for research purposes.
- You may incorporate parts of the material in electronic Course or Study Packs, by linking to the material.
- All other copying/downloading needs permission from the publisher.
- You must read the copyright information provided by some suppliers/publishers in connection to the resources.
- You must provide the source to printed or copied material.
It is not allowed to:
- Systematically copying/downloading a whole journal issue or a whole book.
- Selling or redistributing copyright material, by publishing on the Internet or sending the material outside of LTU.
- Changing, distorting or plagiarizing the material.