We offer a varied range of courses covering anything from basic thermodynamic processes and electric power engineering to more advanced applications. Our courses are chiefly aimed at students in the Electric Power Engineering, Sustainable Energy Engineering and Mechanical Engineering Programs, but they can also be studied by other students with another suitable educational background.
Our research at the division is often conducted in collaboration with companies and other interested parties and, perhaps most of all, together with colleagues from industry, various universities and research institutes.
The research in the subject of Energy Engineering is divided into the areas of
- Thermochemical conversion processes
- Energy efficiency / energy system analysis
- CO2 separation / -capture and storage (CCS)
The research in the subject of Electric Power Engineering is focused on
- Power quality in distribution grid
- Integration of renewable electricity